So as most of you know, I have started a new job. And I absolutely love my job. I am getting do some marketing work for a very small company (see previous post about the interview). I have worked there a full three weeks so far, but it feels like I have worked their for months. I was thrown right in. My days either consist of researching potential clients or attending business meetings/lunches with clients. My boss is an extremely nice older gentleman who has had many business ventures in his life.. and boy does he have a lot of stories and wisdom to share. Every day I learn something new about his fella.
Well today, I was completely thrown for a loop. I couldn't believe what happened today, and I still don't know if I believe that it is for real.
We had a business lunch in Pearland today with one of Christmas lighting clients (probably our biggest client of the season). We went to eat at Gringos... which by the way, is a really good Tex-Mex restaurant. The restaurant is surrounded by what is called the Pearland Town Center, a huge shopping area with really nice stores and apartments in the upper levels of the stores and a hotel right in the middle. Really nice place. Well we are about done with the meeting, and the business part is over so we are all just kind of chatting. My boss asked the lady we were meeting with "What are the good places to shop over here?" And she started raving on and on and on about the Coach store that was there and that even if we are going to just go in and look around, we have to go into that store, that the people were so friendly and it was just a nice store yada yada yada. And my boss tells her "we will check it out" well I am figuring... what is the reason for us to go to this store, and figured that he was saying that just to please her. So we go to leave, and sure enough we drive around until we find the store and we go in. At this point, I am thinking.. well he is an honest guy so I should know he wouldn't lie and would keep his word to her. We are walking around, and man I tell you, I am in absolute heaven. I wish my closet looked like that :p We were there for about 15 minutes and Emily (my coworker) was literally trying on every piece of jewelry the store had. I was getting bored at this point because staring looking at things you want but can't afford can really mess with your head. I was just standing in the corner waiting to go and my boss walks up to me and says "pick something out". My friggin jaw hit the floor and I probably asked him about 10 times if he was playing around. He was completely serious and made Emily come explain to me that every once in a while he likes to treat his employees to nice things. So I finally snapped to that I was able to choose something in the store that I wanted, and of course I was going to choose a purse. MY BOSS BOUGHT ME A $300 COACH PURSE!! OH MY GOSH. I still cannot believe it. I am very greatful to have an awesome boss.
Then I get home and I talk to my mom who purchased a computer that I have been wanting for a while today. The computer has been on sale and I have been waiting until a time where I could budget it in to purchase it, which was going to be about three weeks from now. My mom informed me that she found out today the sale was ending tomorrow, so she was nice enough to purchase the computer for me on her credit card and is allowing me to pay her back once her bill comes in. I am now blogging on my brand new Dell All-in-one computer with a touchscreen. Oh and I absolutely love it as well.
So today was a good day. Except for one minor set back. We thought William was going to get to work close to home for about the next month, but unfortunately his boss in Carthage and his boss here are fighting over him, and the boss in Carthage won, so after a week of being at home, he has to return to Carthage on Monday. Sucks he doesn't get to stay home a little longer, but you know he must be a great worker if they are fighting over him!! Oh and we can't complain too much because at least he has a job somewhere! Jobs are hard to comeby in the construction biz right now.
Anyways, that was my awesome day, and hopefully this weekend it continues. We will be visting Pete's Dueling Piano bar for the first time tomorrow night. I guess we will see how it compares to Howl at the Moon, and I must say it has some fierce competition. But it is Lauren's birthday weekend, and we are going to celebrate!!! Talk to you all later, have a great weekend!
This is great! I enjoyed reading about your day! It's nice to know that there are good things that happen to goood people. I am so happy for you and William. You are blessed!
ReplyDelete